Multimodal Logistics Park on Western Dedicated Freight Corridor on PPP basis Maharashtra, India
- Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India (DFCCIL) is a Special Purpose Vehicle set up under the administrative control of Ministry of Railways to undertake planning & development, mobilization of financial resources and construction, maintenance and operation of the Dedicated Freight Corridors.
- The plan to construct dedicated freight corridors across the country marks a strategic inflexion point in the history of Indian Railways that has essentially run mixed traffic across its network.
- The Western DFC (1483 kms.) will be from Jawaharlal Nehru Port (JNPT) in Mumbai to Tughlakabad and Dadri near Delhi and would cater largely to the container transport requirements between the existing and emerging ports in Maharashtra and Gujarat and the northern hinterland.
- The scope was to develop Traffic and Demand Assessment
- Design of a Railway yard and related infrastructure
- Track alignment to the proposed MMLP
- Entry and exit to the existing Railway network among others in consultation with the main clients DFCC